|Title||Oral History of Bob and Walter Filippi|
|Scope & Content||Brothers Bob and Walter Filippi came to Mill Valley in 1929 from San Francisco, where their father had a garage. Once the family moved to Mill Valley, their father opened the Elroy Garage, named for the property owner's sons Al and Roy, at Camino Alto and Sycamore. During their years growing up in Mill Valley, Bob and Walt saw the town grow from dirt roads and pastures to foreign cars and restaurants. The brothers also saw the change and growth of Highway 101 through Mill Valley. In 1959, after their father retired, Bob and Walt took over the garage business.|
|Audio and Transcript||
Click here to listen to the recording.
Click here to read the transcript.
|Dates of Creation||
|Narrator's name||Filippi, Bob and Walter|
|Extent and Medium||
Mill Valley changes
|Copyrights||Transcript and recording copyright Mill Valley Public Library, 1983. Materials are made available for research purposes only; all rights are reserved to the Mill Valley Public Library. Requests for permission to quote for publication or for any other usage must be obtained from the Library.|